When you join Portland Webworks, you will join an organization of bright, talented, individuals whose goal is to deliver high-quality software solutions using industry best practices. Our success relies on your broad experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Flexibility and collaboration is a must.
We are seeking talented, team-oriented, individuals to work with us. We want strategic thinkers who produce creative solutions when confronted with difficult challenges.
As a User Experience Designer at Portland Webworks, you can expect to:
- Work with a team of highly skilled developers, project managers, designers and quality assurance professionals who enjoy developing the best possible solutions for our diverse (and ever-expanding) client base.
- Work collaboratively with clients to understand their business problems, complex systems and processes.
- Present and advocate on behalf of your ideas in front of clients, stakeholders, managers and executives.
- See your ideas and solutions come to life!
As a User Experience Designer at Portland Webworks, you will bring:
- 3+ years of experience working with clients and presenting ideas to large project teams.Strategic and creative thinking that translates business intelligence into actionable plans for design.
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile software development environment.
- Lead projects concept through completion, from requirements gathering, business analysis and user research to content strategy and planning and to user testing to high and low fidelity wire frames, site maps and schematics.
- Expert level experience with Sketch and InVision.
- Strong decision making skills and ability to think conceptually.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to deliver results on a demanding timeline.
- Ability to respond to critical feedback and manage client expectations.
- Dedication to learning and adopting new technologies.
- Experience working with responsive frameworks.
- Experience working on agile software development teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to stay positive under pressure.
- Foster a strategic and creative culture.
Portfolio review required.
Portland Webworks maintains one of the most progressive benefits programs in Maine. Our team culture, our respect for our personnel, and our generous compensation packages have earned our company recognition as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the entire state in 2013, 2015, and 2017.
The benefits that we offer include:
- 100% Paid health and dental benefits for employees
- Health Reimbursement Account (to minimize out of pocket costs)
- Company matching retirement plan
- Profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling
- Up to 25 days paid vacation
- Pick your own hardware
- Free parking
- Beer o’clock Fridays
- Yoga in office on Wednesdays
- General awesomeness