Software Business Analyst
Portland Webworks is seeking an experienced Business Analyst (BA) to join our Project Management and Quality Assurance team. Portland Webworks operates using Agile principles, specifically Scrum and Kanban, so Business Analysts can expect to work within self-organizing teams focused on efficiency, transparency and providing business value to our clients. Agile certifications desired but not required.
Portland Webworks is known for bringing useful and elegant solutions to the public sector to help citizens learn about, apply for, and receive benefits. We help government agencies run more efficiently and help those who qualify for services.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of effectively serving as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and software development teams. In addition to 3+ years of proven experience in the field, the ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Ability to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Capable of critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishing user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs).
- Utilize your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems methodologies as required.
- Understand areas of application programming, database and system design, and how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other.
- Successfully engage in multiple projects initiatives simultaneously.
- Experience leading the requirements gathering for complex web applications from inception to completion.
- Work independently or under direction of project managers with users to define concepts, and drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Strong analytical and technological skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
Portland Webworks maintains one of the most progressive benefits programs in Maine. Our team culture, our respect for our personnel, and our generous compensation packages have earned our company recognition as one of the "Best Places to Work" in Maine in every year we participated.
The benefits that we offer include:
- 100% paid health and dental benefits for employees
- Employer funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (to minimize out of pocket costs)
- Flexible spending account and dependent care accounts available
- Company matching retirement plan (up to 3% of salary)
- Profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling
- Up to 25 days paid vacation
- Free Old Port garage parking for local employees
This position requires passing a criminal background check due to client contracting requirements.
Learn More About Portland Webworks & GovWebworks