Drupal Front End Developer
We’re seeking an experienced Drupal Front End Developer to join a very collaborative team implementing custom Drupal websites and applications that are accessible, responsive, and visually appealing. Candidates should have a deep understanding of Drupal site building and theme development, developing and implementing new Drupal themes as well as customizing and extending existing Drupal themes. You should apply if you are a highly motivated, problem solving, team player that can effectively communicate and implement visually stunning and award-winning solutions built with Drupal.
As a Drupal Front End Developer, you know the ins and outs of building and theming Drupal websites and applications and the background of how the current functionality got to where it is today. You know the capabilities and limitations of Drupal’s front end and how to set a team up for success while avoiding the common road-bumps. You know what theming concepts work for various situations, and when it’s time to dig into a custom theme.
> Company - Who You'll Be Working With
We’re a small company of overachieving consultants, taking on big challenges for our clients. We build web applications and application solutions for a wide range of clients, with a focus on the public sector. We use a team-based approach, with teams consisting of designers, software developers, quality assurance engineers and project managers. This allows us to provide the full lifecycle of project delivery to clients from initial concept consulting to final implementation as well as long term support and maintenance.
> Responsibilities - How You'll Spend Your Time
- Ongoing feature development and maintenance for a wide range of public sector domain projects in an Agile framework
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback for pull requests regarding best practices and standards
- Provide a level of effort estimation and task decomposition for backlog items and client requests
- Collaborate with design team to improve accessibility, usability and adherence to design vision
- Seek out and identify areas for improvement for the team and technology
- Analyze application performance in a variety of environments, design and implement optimizations
- Participate in Agile process and communicate effectively with peers, product owners, and clients
> Qualifications - What We're Looking For
- Deep understanding of Drupal CMS site building and theme development and active in the Drupal community
- Proficient in web accessibility standards and SEO optimization
- Proficient in multiple languages and technology stacks
- Previous experience participating in software development teams using Agile methodologies
- Capable of designing and implementing across a full-stack of enterprise systems, Web UI, Mobile, Http Web Services and Database while remaining in project constraints
- Practitioner and proponent of modern front end frameworks
- Comfortable and able to communicate directly with the client acting as a technical consultant
- Ability to collaboratively explore multiple alternatives while problem solving, striking a balance between effort, complexity and business value
- Ambitiously and thoughtfully contributes to organization and project goals & initiatives
> Tech Stack - What You'll Use
- Tools – Jira, Slack, Zoom, Google Suite
> Benefits - What We Provide
We strive for excellence in everything we do. We value wisdom, curiosity, and a sense of fun.
Our work is meaningful. From providing easier and better ways for citizens to access state government information and programs aiding in a more informed and better served populace, to keeping pets and animals safe through registration and welfare tracking, to making vaccines available to people most in need- our software often has a direct benefit to people we’ll never meet.
We are also very dedicated to the people within our organization. We are proud to be consistently named one of Maine’s "Best Places to Work".
The benefits that we offer include:
- 100% Paid health and dental benefits for employees
- Health Reimbursement Account (to minimize out of pocket costs)
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Company matching retirement plan
- Annual profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling
- Up to 25 days paid vacation
- Free parking (you will love Old Port parking)
- Friday happy hours
- Supportive and engaging work environment for all employees, in office and remote
- Inclusive and collaborative management style, actively seeking and considering all employee perspectives in decision-making
- Competitive pay and merit increases
- Pay scale for Drupal Front End Developer: Depends on experience
This position requires passing a criminal background check due to client contracting requirements.
> Learn more about us!
How to Simplify Drupal Builds with Yarn and Webpack: Some useful tools to automate the management of multiple packages - https://www.govwebworks.com/2020/02/11/how-to-simplify-drupal-builds-with-yarn-and-webpack/
Developer Spotlight at GovWebworks: Software developer Rachel Charow shares some scenes from her working life - https://www.govwebworks.com/2020/01/21/developer-spotlight-at-govwebworks/
Core Values For Employee Happiness: Lessons learned from the Best Places to Work award on workplace satisfaction during a pandemic - https://www.govwebworks.com/2020/10/27/core-values-for-employee-happiness/
Learn More About Portland Webworks & GovWebworks