Portland Webworks is seeking an experienced Scrum Master to join our Project Management and Quality Assurance team. Portland Webworks operates using scrum so Scrum Masters can expect to work within self-organizing teams focused on efficiency, transparency and providing business value to our clients.
Portland Webworks is known for bringing useful and elegant solutions to the public sector to help citizens learn about, apply for, and receive benefits. We help government agencies run more efficiently and ensure projects are run on time, budget and scope.
As a Scrum Master at Portland Webworks, you can expect to:
- Lead the scrum team in using Agile principles and scrum practices
- Helping the product owner and development team to achieve client satisfaction
- Lead the scrum and development teams to be self-organization
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments
- Help the scrum and development teams to identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework
- Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
As a Scrum Master at Portland Webworks, you will bring the following skills:
- Prior experience on a scrum team (3+ years)
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Ability to work with and lead a team (wear multiple hats as needed in support of project goals)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Experience working with external clients and stakeholders
- Experience working with custom software development projects
- Knowledge of software development best practices and 508/ADA compliance
- Proficiency in using productivity software such as Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, etc.
- Agile and/or PMI certifications (or similar)
- Experience working in the public sector (e.g. federal, state, and/or local government)
Portland Webworks maintains one of the most progressive benefits programs in Maine. Our team culture, our respect for our personnel, and our generous compensation packages have earned our company recognition as one of the "Best Places to Work" in Maine in every year we participated.
The benefits that we offer include:
- 100% paid health and dental benefits for employees
- Employer funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (to minimize out of pocket costs)
- Flexible spending account and dependent care accounts available
- Company matching retirement plan (up to 3% of salary)
- Profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling
- Up to 25 days paid vacation
- Free Old Port garage parking (Custom House Garage)
This position requires passing a criminal background check due to client contracting requirements.
Learn More About Portland Webworks & GovWebworks