Agile Project Manager
Portland Webworks is seeking an experienced Agile Project Manager to join our Project Management and Quality Assurance team. Portland Webworks operates using Agile principles, specifically Scrum and Kanban, so Project Managers can expect to work within self-organizing teams focused on efficiency, transparency and providing business value to our clients.
Portland Webworks is known for bringing useful and elegant solutions to the public sector to help citizens learn about, apply for, and receive benefits. We help government agencies run more efficiently and ensure projects are run on time, budget and scope.
As a Agile Project Manager at Portland Webworks, you can expect to:
- Communicate directly with clients via timely and professional written and verbal communication
- Work with scrum teams in the capacity of a Scrum Master and/or Product Owner
- Serve as account manager and primary point of contact for assigned clients
- Own the product vision for the client's project
- Work along side Business Analysis and User Experience experts on providing wireframes and other research and deliverables in order to fill project backlogs
- Set and manage expectations throughout the client relationship
- Facilitate across well-organized and purposeful meetings to drive decision-making across various parties, and for the purpose of carrying out plans
- Provide consultation and work with clients to nurture business development opportunities
- Collaborate with team members to deliver estimates to clients for new project work, keeping the business development team apprised of potential and closed opportunities
- Ensure contracts, purchase orders, etc. are current and accurate
- Ensure scope changes are documented and billed appropriately
- Resolve conflicts and project level escalations
- Log time worked and ensure all logging for projects is accurate and billable
As a Project Manager at Portland Webworks, you will bring the following skills:
- Experience as a project manager in a consulting capacity
- Positive attitude and willingness to wear multiple hats as needed
- Experience managing multiple projects with budgets larger than $150k
- Experience working with external clients and stakeholders
- Experience working with custom software development projects
- Knowledge of software development best practices and 508/ADA compliance
- Proficiency in using productivity software such as Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, etc.
- Agile and/or PMI certifications (or similar)
- Experience working in the public sector (e.g. federal, state, and/or local government)
Portland Webworks maintains one of the most progressive benefits programs in Maine. Our team culture, our respect for our personnel, and our generous compensation packages have earned our company recognition as one of the "Best Places to Work" in Maine in every year we participated.
The benefits that we offer include:
- 100% paid health and dental benefits for employees
- Employer funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (to minimize out of pocket costs)
- Flexible spending account and dependent care accounts available
- Company matching retirement plan (up to 3% of salary)
- Profit sharing
- Flexible scheduling
- Up to 25 days paid vacation
- Free Old Port garage parking (Custom House Garage)
This position requires passing a criminal background check due to client contracting requirements.
Learn More About Portland Webworks & GovWebworks