Drupal DevOps Engineer
As a Drupal DevOps Engineer, you have a solid grasp of the Drupal hosting configurations, build processes and automation of deployments. You have a strong focus on business outcomes, are comfortable with collaborating with team members through all stages of a project, and can reach across functional borders to get the job done.
> About Us
We’re a small company of overachieving consultants, taking on big challenges for our clients. We build web applications and application solutions for a wide range of clients, with a focus on the public sector. We use a team-based approach, with teams consisting of designers, software developers, quality assurance engineers and project managers. This allows us to provide the full lifecycle of project delivery to clients from initial concept consulting to final implementation.
As a Dev Ops Engineer at Portland Webworks, you can expect to:
- work on a variety of projects ranging in both size and scope
- work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- work with and support our software development teams
- automate build and deployment process
- work with clients on hosting and launch requirements
- configure high availability hosting configurations in Amazon Web Services
As a DevOps Engineer, you will bring:
- Experience with Drupal architecture, best practices, and coding standards
- Experience with Drupal administration, config management, and security updates
- Experience with Drupal build processes using composer
- Strong Linux administration skills
- A solid understanding of TCP/IP networking, DNS and HTTP(s)
- A thorough understanding of security best practices
- Experience with high availability hosting configurations
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL
- A thorough understanding of Git and branching strategies
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic
- An ability to quickly ramp on new technologies
Skills that would make you really stand out are:
- Experience with custom high availability hosting configurations using AWS and Azure
- Experience with Pantheon and Acquia hosting and automation
- Experience with Docker and Lando
- Experience with BitBucket Pipeline, GitHub Actions or other build automation and continuous integration systems
- Drupal testing with tools such as PHPUnit, Visual Regression Tests (boostrap.js), cypress etc,
- Experience with Active Directory, LDAP and SSO solutions
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools
More About Us
We are a professional consulting company, building custom solutions for a diverse client base. Healthcare, non-profit, eCommerce, retail, and government agencies, are some of the industries we work with. This diversification creates an exciting work experience by presenting software challenges in a variety of business domains and technical environments. The client and tech mix at PWW are ideal for gaining valuable experience and growing your career.
PWW offers generous insurance plans, annual profit sharing (18% on average), and a fun, engaging work environment.
Learn more about us!
How to Simplify Drupal Builds with Yarn and Webpack: Some useful tools to automate the management of multiple packages - https://www.govwebworks.com/2020/02/11/how-to-simplify-drupal-builds-with-yarn-and-webpack/
Developer Spotlight at GovWebworks: Software developer Rachel Charow shares some scenes from her working life - https://www.govwebworks.com/2020/01/21/developer-spotlight-at-govwebworks/
Core Values For Employee Happiness: Lessons learned from the Best Places to Work award on workplace satisfaction during a pandemic - https://www.govwebworks.com/2020/10/27/core-values-for-employee-happiness/