When you join Portland Webworks, you will join an organization of bright, talented, individuals whose goal is to deliver high quality software solutions using industry best practices. Our success relies on your broad experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Flexibility and collaboration is a must.
We are seeking talented, team-oriented, individuals to work with us. We want strategic thinkers who produce creative solutions when confronted with difficult challenges.
As a User Experience Strategist at Portland Webworks, you can expect to:
- Work with a team of highly skilled developers, project managers, designers and quality assurance professionals who enjoy developing the best possible solutions for our diverse (and ever-expanding) client base.
- Work collaboratively with clients to understand their business problems, complex systems and processes.
- Synthesize business requirements into beautifully crafted wireframes.
- Present and advocate on behalf of your ideas in front of clients, stakeholders, managers and executives.
- See your ideas and solutions come to life!
As a User Experience Strategist at Portland Webworks, you will bring:
- A high level of creativity and design experience.
- Understanding of UX/UI skills (i.e. user stories, testing, user driven design, interviews, focus groups, heuristic evaluations, etc.).
- Ability to solicit business requirements from a diverse stakeholder group.
- Strong decision making skills and ability to think conceptually.
- Keen sense of organization and ability to deliver results on a demanding timeline.
- 2+ years of experience working with clients and presenting ideas to large project teams.
- Ability to respond to critical feedback and manage client expectations of what “good design” is.
- Dedication to learning and adopting new technologies.
- Experience working with responsive frameworks.
- Experience working on agile software development teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to stay positive under pressure.
- Providing us with portfolio samples will definitely get our attention.
Portland Webworks maintains one of the most progressive benefits programs in Maine. Our team culture, our respect for our personnel, and our generous compensation packages have earned our company recognition as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the entire State.
The benefits that we offer include:
- Profit sharing
- 100% Paid health and dental benefits for employees (pre-ACA, $0 deducitable plan)
- Health Reimbursement Account (to minimize out of pocket costs)
- Company matching retirement plan
- Flexible scheduling
- Up to 25 days paid vacation
- Free parking
- Yoga in the office on Thursdays
- Beer o’clock (or wine) Fridays
- General awesomeness