Portland Webworks is a dynamic software and application development firm with a growing portfolio of public sector clients. We’re looking for an energetic and motivated IT sales professional to help continue this trajectory, and help shape the growth of our company. If you’ve got a proven track record in IT sales, and are looking for an opportunity to control your own revenue, then you should get in touch.
This is a new position and so we anticipate building the job around the strengths of the successful candidate, but loosely we expect primary duties to be:
- Help identify appropriate target clients and verticals where we can be most successful.
- Build relationships within target clients that will yield opportunities over time.
- Work as a member of the business development team to pursue opportunities as they arise.
- Make recommendations about potential marketing strategies that will support your efforts to promote the company and its services.
- Give feedback to the company’s management team on trends in customer purchasing and potential new service/product opportunities.
- Keep good records of all your activity and develop a methodical approach for lead development.
- reinforce our already notable credentials servicing the public sector
- reinforce our transformative consulting services within agencies steeped in dysfunctional methodologies or out-dated technologies.
Here’s what you bring to the table:
- a solid network of public sector contacts that is going to let you hit the ground running,
- a passion for building new relationships with individuals and across organizations,
- the skill to listen to business requirements and then articulate potential solutions,
- the desire to build your own plan for success, with the freedom to execute it,
- the ability to work collaboratively as part of a larger business development team for mutual success.
- a keen ability to convey the business value of agile software development and its key service delivery roles (BA, UX, QA, PO, Dev, and Scrum Master).
Experience and qualifications
Some minimum requirements:
- fluency with common enterprise application technologies including a basic understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the primary technologies (Microsoft, Oracle, Open Source Java Frameworks, UI Frameworks, etc.),
- experience with selling software solutions or IT services, ideally in the public sector,
- demonstrable sales success in your field including an understanding of public sector procurement practices,
- an ability to articulate the business value of custom application development services when contrasted with commercial off-the-shelf solutions.
Target Deal Types
- $250,000 to $1M+ custom software development initiatives delivered using enterprise open source technologies (Java, Linux, etc.) for web and mobile platforms.
- Software initiatives requiring extensive custom UX, UI and IA consulting services using user-centered design practices.
- Transformative consulting services for the implementation of open source and Scrum in the enterprise.
Portland Webworks considers growth of our public sector portfolio to be a critical strategic initiative for the company and is prepared to attract top talent to the position with a highly competitive compensation package. Compensation for this role will be comprised of a generous base salary and a lucrative commission structure tied to individual sales performance goals. Portland Webworks also offers outstanding benefit packages.